Our School, Our Staff
Whitsunday Anglican School has the capacity for 830 students from Kindergarten to Year 12. All teaching staff are supplied with a laptop or tablet for their educational use while employed at the school. All staff enjoy an environment that is welcoming and community based that strives to provide its employees with engaging and current professional learning and support in a team atmosphere. The School’s aim for staff is that each member clearly understands his/her role individually, within their team or department and holistically within the community, ensuring their value is recognised in the pursuit to attain personal, professional and School Strategic goals. This is achieved by the School’s transparency of process, authentic staff support systems and honesty in shared communication.
Benefits employees at Whitsunday Anglican School enjoy include:
- Competitive salary structure for Teaching and Administration/Services staff.
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions when voluntary contributions are made.
- Staff Concession on fees for children attending Whitsunday Anglican School.
- Staff Scholarships for in-depth professional learning supporting the School’s objectives.
- 39 weeks of Term-time for a school year.
- Access to relevant and interesting professional learning opportunities.
- Opportunity to take on additional responsibilities for experience to maximise your leadership potential.
- First Aid training.
- Avenues to have excellence in teaching recognised with Highly Accomplished Teacher (HAT) and LEAD teacher structures.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (24 hour counselling service).
- Health and Wellbeing – access to a range of initiatives to promote health and wellbeing.
- Staff Social Club.
- A site specific appraisal program, individualised to promote value and direction for all staff members.
Job opportunities are updated on a continuous basis on this page. If a position is listed on this site it is currently available. Please ensure you investigate the due date and complete the Application for Employment forms honestly and to the best of your ability to be considered for any advertised jobs. If your intention is to be considered for supply, relief or casual work, please submit your details on the same Application for Employment forms and contact will be made to inform you of availability and process.
Recruitment attraction methods may engage one or more of the listed:
- Advertising: website, online sites e.g. Seek or CareerOne, LinkedIn etc., local/state/national papers
- Recruitment agencies e.g. Smart Teachers etc.
Unless otherwise specified, all applications should be made by completing the Application for Employment form.
All applications should be addressed to the Principal, Mr Andrew Wheaton.
Application for Employment – Academic Staff
Application for Employment – Administration/Services Staff
Expressions of interest are sought for the 2022 / 2023 school years in the following areas:
Receptionist and School Administration Officer
We are currently seeking a Receptionist and School Administration Officer to provide professional and efficient customer service, with a warm, friendly and professional manner when dealing with visitors, staff, students and families. This role will also provide administration support for staff, special events and functions in the School.
This role is a 0.68 FTE with hours of work from 9am-2.30pm daily.
Please view the full position description below or contact the School for more details.
Applications close COB 19 August 2022.
Receptionist and School Administration Officer - Position Description
Casual Vacation Care Staff 2022
We are currently seeking Vacation Care Staff for 2022.
Please view the full position description below or contact the School for more detail.
Vacation Care Assistant - Position Description
Expressions of Interest 2023
The School is now accepting Expressions of Interest for 2023 in the below areas:
- Lower Primary
- Upper Primary
- Junior School (P-6) Physical Education Teacher 2023 (applications close COB Friday 2/9/2022)
- Senior School (7-12) Physical Education Teacher 2023 (applications close COB Friday 2/9/2022)
Please view the full position descriptions below.
Position Description - Chaplain 2023
Position Description - Teacher (Primary) 2023
Position Description - Teacher (Kindergarten) 2023
Position Description - Kindergarten Assistant 2023
2022 Instrumental Music Tutor
Piano, Brass and/or Woodwind
Please view the full position description below.
Instrumental Music Tutor – Piano, Brass and/or Woodwind
School Crossing Supervisor/s
The Department of Transport and Main Roads is currently seeking School Crossing Supervisors for Whitsunday Anglican School.
Where: Andergrove State & Whitsunday Anglican School
Hours: Up to 15 hrs p/fortnight – crossing times are as follows:
- mornings 8:00am to 9:00am &
- afternoons are 3:00pm to 3:30pm.
Pay: Casual relief rate: $30.34 per hour
Duties: Assist children crossing roads at local schools
- Training is provided
- You will be required to undergo a medical and working with children Blue Card check provided by the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Contact: If you are interested please contact the School via return email to request an application form, or call Road Safety Office Karen Cantoni on 0409 511 542.
Position description: Find out more, click here.
2022 Supply/Relief Teachers
Please download the relevant Position Description below for further information.
Position description - Supply/Relief Teachers 2022
2022 Boarding Resident Staff – Boarding Supervisors and Gap Year Residential Staff
Please download the Position Description below for further information.