Our Sporting Life
Where would schools and our young people be without sport, without the ability to play, run and discover exciting new skills, talents, friendships and opportunities?
At Whitsunday Anglican School we are committed to helping develop the physical abilities of each child. We are delighted to offer quality facilities and a diverse range of popular and challenging sports. This includes a large multi-purpose on-site oval and a large multi-purpose, floor-sprung, air-conditioned gymnasium and indoor courts facility.
As an integral part of the Australian way of life, sport provides many positive benefits including:
- Fun and fitness
- Cardiovascular development
- Muscle strength, flexibility and stamina
- Discipline and training skills and gains
- Hand-eye coordination
- Friendship, teamwork and collaboration
- Sportsmanship, resilience and team spirit
- Stress management and relief
- Improved cognitive function
Sport also gives children the opportunity to excel outside the classroom and can be a pathway to many exciting career opportunities. For all of the above reasons, we encourage children to take up a co-curricular sporting activity. Here’s a sample of what’s on offer.
Sport Co-curricular opportunities in 2022 include*:
|Athletic Development (inc. elite senior)|
|Representative School Sport|
|School Rugby 7’s|
|Triathlon Development Squad|
* Please note our co-curricular program is subject to change and not all activities are available to all year levels.