The School Board is constituted under the Corporations Act and is responsible for the governance of Whitsunday Anglican School Limited.
The board sets the strategic direction of the school through its policies and monitoring of the school’s financial situation. It is also responsible for the employment of the principal as its chief executive officer to ensure its strategies are translated through to the school’s operations.
A sub-structure of governance, finance and audit and strategic direction committees assists the board with its responsibilities.
The School Board Members
- Mr D Watts, BAg.Ec, CA (Chairman)
- Mr C Wright, FCPA, BBus (Deputy Chair)
- Mrs R Bethel, BEd
- Mr M Crowe, BEng Mech, DipBus Mgmt, FAICD
- The Ven Dr R Dunn, BA (Hons) MTh, MA, PhD, DAO, GradCert Tert T
- Mr H Frost, BEd, GradDip Ed Admin
- Mrs M Halliday, BEng (Hons), MSc Eng
- Dr V Makura-Ncomanzi, FRACGP, MBBS
- Mr S Naylor, LLB, BCom
- Mrs P K Tindall, MSch Man, BEd, DipT, MACE
- Mr A Wheaton, BA, GradDipEd UNE, MEd (Lead) UQ, MACEL, MACE, GAICD (Principal)
- Dr S Austen, FCPA, FCA, FGIA, FCIS, FIML (Business Manager and Company Secretary)